Available now on iTunes and Google Play!
If you want to explore the Earth a billion years in the future in Monte Cook’s Numenera, you’ll need to be prepared. That’s where this app comes in handy! Designed to guide you through character creation for this science-fantasy RPG, the Numenera Character Creator app also allows you to track your progress in real-time while you play!
We’ll guide you step-by-step through the character creation process for the Numenera RPG (however, we don’t do the numenera and cypher steps because this will be between you and your GM – see below!).
You’ll choose a descriptor, type, and focus. Your choices will automatically create your skills and provide you with your starting equipment. You’ll modify your basic stats (Might, Speed, and Intellect), and we’ll track your base and your current pool. You can track your damage and recovery rolls, and you’ll be able to add or remove abilities and equipment.
Did we say equipment? This does include your numenera items – just go to the Equipment tab, click on the Numenera button, and you can manage your Artifacts, Cyphers, and Oddities.
You’ll also be able to modify your background and character description, and we provide a handy field for other notes.
Have you advanced a Tier? No problem! We’ll help you upgrade to the next one as your character progresses in power!
The Numenera Character Creator app is all you need to get started… apart from the actual tabletop Numenera rules, that is!
- Character creation: Step-by-step guide through character creation
- Modify your character’s current stats (Might/Intellect/Speed/XP) – track your base pool and your current pool
- Add/remove abilities
- Add/remove equipment
- Add/remove numenera items (oddities, cyphers, and artifacts)
- Add/remove Skill items
- Modify your background and character description
- Character advancement: Upgrade your character’s tier or spend XP
Version 4 Updates:
- Abilities that give permanent enhancements (such as Might/Intellect/Speed Pool, Edge, or Effort) are now automatically added into your character’s stats.
For existing characters, this upgrade will change your *base stats* to include the enhancements, but your current spendable Pool will not be modified. If your character has additional current points, please increase them manually.
- An “In use” check box is now available to note that the ability is in-use. Temporary ability enhancements now give you Might/Intellect/Speed Pool enhancements, Might/Intellect/Speed Edge, and Effort when the ability is marked “In use”. If the ability provides temporary enhancements, you’ll need to click on the ability on your Abilities tab. If a temporary ability is “off”, the enhancement will be removed from your stats. Current points not used during the ability enhancement will also be removed.
- Bug Fix: There are five checkmarks for the upgrade checklist. You need to complete only four of the five items for an upgrade. if you *currently* have a character with four of the five selected, you will still need to complete all five for the current tier. The change will take effect on the next tier upgrade.
- Optimized background images and removed background images from Character creation pages to speed the app.
- Fixed the Edit button! (hooray! but please send a note to us if you find more issues)
- Fixed a couple of incorrectly awarded items, including “Speed defense tasks against any incoming attack that uses metal” that was incorrectly given to the descriptor “Fuses Flesh and Steel”. This will be removed from existing characters during upgrade.
- Changed default character to have a different weapon only on new application install.
And many of you will be pleased to know that we are planning a print character feature, and the ability to transfer characters between apps!